zondag 21 september 2008

Street Music



Today I went busking on the street. It's the first time I've ever done it.

It's not easy to find a good spot, it needs to be some place where there are plenty of people walking past, but not directly in front of someone's house or business. Many of the best spots are already taken.

I found a good spot near the river in Nijmegen where the cruise boats come and go.

It was a nice experience, at first I was nervous but the main thing is to relax and smile.

Several people stopped and chatted to me, and quite a few kind people put money in my hat. Best of all, two people danced in the street :-)

Any kind of performance is great practice, because when mistakes happen (and I make a lot) you can't just stop, you have to find a way to cover the mistakes, carry on and keep the piece going.


1 opmerking:

David Hembrow zei

Terry, that's a great blog post. I'm really glad you enjoyed it. I've always enjoyed your music.

I don't want to rush you, but how long do we have to wait until you start to put your videos on the blog ?